Evangelism Training Program
Our summary of the process of evangelism
Each evangelical conversation is unique but the process is the same.
It has 3 stages:
Stage (1) The Beginning
Stage (2) The Middle and an
Stage (3) The End.
STAGE 1 Evangelism Opening Lines
1) Do you get the chance to go to Church at all?
2) Are you hoping to go to heaven one day?
3) Do you believe that we evolved or were created?
4) Where do you think evil comes from?
5) Who do you believe Jesus Christ was?
6) Which religion do you think is right?
7) What do you think happens after you pass away?
8) Can I invite you to my Church this Sunday or next Sunday?
9) I am going to a singles conference in February, can I pick you up
10) Have you ever accepted Jesus Christ as your saviour?
11) I am a Christian, is there anything that you would like me to pray about for you?
12) If you could only ask one question, what would it be?
But sanctify the Lord God[a] in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
STAGE 2 THE MIDDLE: Identify with them
1 Corinthians 9:17- 23
For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. 18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ[a] without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.
Serving All Men
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[b] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[c] but under law toward Christ[d]), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as[e] weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
Listen to them and meet them where they are
Do not focus on your differences but celebrate what you have in common
Answer any questions.
If you do not know the answer, do the research and then give them the answer.
Knowing everything is not the key. Loving everyone is.
STAGE 3 THE END Always give them the opportunity to pray and accept Christ
Ask three simple questions:
A) Do you believe that God exists?
B) Have you asked our Father to forgive you of your sins?
In that brief moment, the Holy Spirit convicts them
C) Shall we ask him now?
Because God can hear this conversation; if we pray now, He will forgive your sins.
That is how you preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.